M, b. 1881
Henry H. Groves
M, b. 1861
M, b. 11 March 1799, d. 24 December 1866
James Groves was born on 11 March 1799 at Virginia. He married Nancy Danford, daughter of Peter Danford and Margaret Starr, on 29 September 1825 at Belmont Co., OH. James Groves died on 24 December 1866 at Belmont Co., OH, at age 67. He was buried in December 1866 at Bend Fork Cemetery, Belmont Co., OH.
Children of James Groves and Nancy Danford
- Rosanna Groves b. 1826
- Margaret Groves b. 1828
- Permelia Groves+ b. 2 Oct 1829, d. 10 Nov 1900
- John Groves+ b. 1830, d. 1911
- Jonas Groves+ b. 6 Nov 1832, d. 5 Oct 1910
- James Groves+ b. 1835
- Peter Porter Groves b. 1837, d. 1916
- Daniel Groves b. 1839, d. 16 Feb 1863
- William H. Groves b. 1841
- Ambrose D. Groves b. 1843
- Rose Ann Groves b. 1845
- Lewis Groves+ b. Nov 1845, d. 1912
M, b. 1835
James Groves was born in 1835 at Washington Twp., Belmont Co., OH. He was the son of James Groves and Nancy Danford. James Groves married Mary Ann Walters on 27 March 1869 at Belmont Co., OH.
James S. Groves
M, b. circa 1883
James Stuart Groves
M, b. circa 1866
James Stuart Groves was born circa 1866 at Canaan Twp., Morrow Co. (probably), OH. He was the son of Samuel S. Groves and Sarah T. Valentine.
Child of James Stuart Groves
M, b. 1830, d. 1911
John Groves was born in 1830 at Belmont Co. (probably), OH. He was the son of James Groves and Nancy Danford. John Groves married Esther Ann Fitch on 15 August 1878 at Belmont Co., OH. John Groves died in 1911 at Belmont Co., OH.
John H. Groves1
M, b. April 1854
John H. Groves was born in April 1854 at Ohio Father born Virginia, mother born Ohio, per 1900 census info.1 He married Flora B. (?) circa 1887.
- [S628] 1900 Federal Census, Dekalb County, Missouri. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Roll 852; FHL #1240852.
John Samuel Groves
M, b. circa 1868
John William Groves
M, b. 1861
M, b. 6 November 1832, d. 5 October 1910
Jonas Groves was born on 6 November 1832 at Belmont Co., OH. He was the son of James Groves and Nancy Danford. Jonas Groves married Mary Duvall on 19 October 1854 at Belmont Co., OH. Jonas Groves died on 5 October 1910 at Ohio at age 77.
Jonas Grant Groves
M, b. 1863
F, b. 1870
Leander Carroll Groves
M, b. 19 September 1885, d. 29 May 1972
Leslie Omer Groves
M, b. 1 April 1903, d. 27 February 1969
Leslie Omer Groves was born on 1 April 1903 at Bellaire, Belmont Co., OH. He was the son of William Alexander Groves and Leota Letitia Ables. Leslie Omer Groves married Ruth Margaret Wiggins on 12 November 1927 at Canton, Stark Co., OH. Leslie Omer Groves died on 27 February 1969 at Phoenix, Maricopa Co., AZ, at age 65.
Lester Lee Groves
M, b. 2 April 1903, d. 9 November 1962
Letonna Campsidell Groves1
F, b. 20 March 1860, d. 27 October 1942
Letonna Campsidell Groves was born on 20 March 1860 at Marion Twp., Noble Co., OH, Both parents born Ohio. per 1900 census info.1 She was the daughter of Lewis Groves and Luanna Danford. Letonna Campsidell Groves married Charles Wyscarver, son of Jacob Wyscarver and Rhoda Wendell, circa 1880.1 Letonna Campsidell Groves died on 27 October 1942 at age 82. She was buried in October 1942 at Friends Cemetery, Quaker City, Guernsey Co., OH, Findagrave #35162943.
Children of Letonna Campsidell Groves and Charles Wyscarver
- John Franklin Wyscarver+1 b. 8 Jun 1881, d. 15 Dec 1946
- George Lewis Wyscarver+1 b. 4 Jul 1882, d. Oct 1969
- Bertha M. Wyscarver1 b. Dec 1885
- Grover Cleveland Wyscarver1 b. 26 Feb 1888
- James G. Wyscarver+1 b. 4 Dec 1889, d. Dec 1977
- William C. Wyscarver+1 b. 8 May 1892, d. 13 Aug 1966
- Blanche Wyscarver1 b. Dec 1895
- [S16] 1900 Federal Census, Noble County, Ohio. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Roll 1311; FHL #1241311.
M, b. November 1845, d. 1912
Lewis Groves was born in November 1845 at Belmont Co., OH. He was the son of James Groves and Nancy Danford. Lewis Groves married Almira Jane Rush on 20 October 1870 at Belmont Co., OH. Lewis Groves died in 1912 at Belmont Co., OH.
Children of Lewis Groves and Almira Jane Rush
- Eunice L. Groves b. Nov 1871, d. 1902
- William Alexander Groves+ b. 21 Aug 1875, d. 8 Sep 1938
- Henry Groves b. 1881
- James S. Groves b. c 1883
- Leander Carroll Groves+ b. 19 Sep 1885, d. 29 May 1972
- Alice Groves b. 1887
- Zelda Groves+ b. 5 Jan 1887, d. Dec 1978
- Verna Groves b. 1889
- Chalmer Mervin Groves b. 18 Feb 1894
M, b. 24 June 1836, d. 13 September 1899
Lewis Groves was born on 24 June 1836. He married Luanna Danford on 13 April 1856 at Noble Co., OH. Lewis Groves died on 13 September 1899 at age 63.
F, b. 1828
Mary A. Groves
F, b. 1855
- [S430] 1860 Federal Census, Morrow County, Ohio. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M653, Roll 1017; FHL #805017.
Mary Pleasant Groves
F, b. 1873
Nancy Jane Groves
F, b. 1859
F, b. 2 October 1829, d. 10 November 1900
Permelia Groves was born on 2 October 1829 at Belmont Co., OH. She was the daughter of James Groves and Nancy Danford. Permelia Groves married Pumphrey Perkins, son of Everhardt Perkins and Hannah Nicholson, on 4 January 1849 at Belmont Co., OH. Permelia Groves died on 10 November 1900 at Belmont Co., OH, at age 71.
Peter Porter Groves
M, b. 1837, d. 1916
Rachel Ann Groves
Rachel Ann Groves married Henry Frankenburger.
F, b. 1826
Rose Ann Groves
F, b. 1845
Rose Ann Groves1
F, b. circa 1801, d. 1873
Rose Ann Groves was born circa 1801 at Maryland.1 She married Zebediah W. Heagler on 18 April 1826 at Fayette Co., OH. Rose Ann Groves lived on 13 July 1850 at Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH.1 She died in 1873. She was buried in 1873 at Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH, Findagrave #188382050.
- [S268] 1850 Federal Census, Fayette County, Ohio. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M432, Roll 678.
Ruth Josephine Groves
Ruth Josephine Groves was the daughter of James Stuart Groves.